Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Ingredients for keto lemon cake
- 5 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ¾ cup GOOD GOOD Sweet Like Sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest from one lemon
Ingredients for lemon glazing
- 1 cup Sweet Like Sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix almond flour and baking powder roughly. Keep aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 5 eggs, add Sweet Like Sugar and whisk. Further add melted butter, lemon juice, vanilla extract and mix until it turns creamy.
- Now add almond flour mixture little at a time and mix without any lumps. Finally mix in lemon zest and give a quick mix.
- Pour the lemon cake batter to the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes until the crust turns golden brown color and when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the lemon cake from oven and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the lemon glazing. Powder the Sweet Like Sugar using blender. Transfer it to a medium bowl, mix in lemon juice and combine until creamy and thin to drizzle.
- Once the cake is cooled, remove it from loaf pan and drizzle with prepared lemon glaze. Slice, serve and enjoy!
- Make sure the ingredients were at room temperature.
- The melted butter should not be hot, since it curdles the eggs in the recipe.- Do not mix the batter too much, else the texture of the cake will be affected.