Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
For the Crust:
7 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
7 tablespoons melted butter
½ teaspoon vinegar
2 ¼ cups almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
¼ cup Good Good Sweet Like Sugar
2 ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
¼ teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
1 cup Good Good Sweet Jam, any flavor
For the Frosting:
¼ cup powdered erythritol
½ tablespoon unsweetened almond milk, or more as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, melted butter, and vinegar.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, Sweet Like Sugar, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Stir the dough until it starts to clump together, then knead with your hands until the mixture becomes a ball.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll one of the pieces of dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper into a rectangle that is about ¼-inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 8 rectangular pieces.
- Repeat with the other portion of dough.
- Cut 4 slits into 8 of the rectangular pieces.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of jam into the middle of the other 8 rectangles that don’t have slits in them.
- Place the slitted dough on top of the dough with the jam and press the sides to make them stick together. You may also use a fork to crimp the edges for extra security and to make them look nice.
- Place the pop tarts on the lined cookie sheet and bake until they are browned, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the pop tarts to a cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, stir together the powdered erythritol and ½ tablespoon almond milk.
- Drizzle the cooled pop tarts with the frosting and enjoy.