Yield: ~12 Crostini
Prep Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
For the Keto Baguette:
3 egg whites
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
¾ cup almond flour
⅓ cup psyllium husk powder
¼ cup coconut flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
For the Crostini:
1 small wheel of brie, cut into slices ¼-inch thick
¾ cup Good Good Sweet Strawberry jam
½ cup fresh strawberry slices
Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet or baguette pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, and almond milk.
- Add the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir until the mixture thickens. It will continue thickening until it becomes a stiff dough.
- Roll the dough until it forms a long log about 16 inches long.
- Carefully transfer the log to the prepared cookie sheet or baguette pan.
- Cut 3 shallow slits along the top of the log.
- Bake the baguette until it becomes crusty on the outside, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Set the baguette aside to cool for at least 1 hour.
- When the baguette has cooled, cut it into slices that are about 1-inch thick.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the slices on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top each slice of bread with 2 slices of brie.
- Place the bread in the oven and bake until the brie melts, about 5 minutes.
- Immediately top each slice with 1 tablespoon of jam, a strawberry slice, and a parsley leaf, if desired.
- Serve immediately.